What is FriendMatch?
FriendMatch is a place online where you can go to meet new people and make new friends.
You might be interested in using FriendMatch to meet new friends who live near you, or you might be interested in using the service to meet and connect with interesting new friends with common interests from around the world.
FriendMatch works like a dating website, except that it is matchmaking for friends, not for dating. Start by searching for friends in your desired location. If you see someone interesting, send them a message or a friend request.
How much does FriendMatch cost?
It is free to create a profile and see who else is on FriendMatch.
For $5 a month you can send and receive messages, and make friend requests. Charging a small fee to use this service helps us to eliminate spam users and allows us to invest into improving the service for our members.
We would like to raise money to build an app so that using FriendMatch is even more fun and easy - and we want your feedback on what features you want to see added - stay tuned for news about our upcoming crowdfunding campaign.
Is FriendMatch a dating site?
No, it’s not a dating site. A lot of our members are happily married!
So please don’t try to ask FriendMatch members out on dates.
They are on here just to find new friends and people to hang out with.
How can I use FriendMatch to meet new people or make a new friend?
- Start by filling out your profile and including a photo, so that new friends can find you.
- Next, browse or search our members to see if the right friend is there waiting for you.
---> If you don’t find someone during your search who might be a good fit for your next friend, then log out and come later to try again
3. Start a friendship by sending a message or a friendship request and introducing yourself. An easy way to do this is to say something about their profile.
---> Or just say what feels natural.
4. Use the FriendMatch messaging system to get to know each other.
5. If you guys are finding a good friend connection, it’s time to take the friendship off FriendMatch!
You can solidify your new friendship by meeting in person. Once you have met in person, naturally you might exchange contact information like phone numbers, email addresses, or connect on a social network such as Facebook.
Ta-da! You have made a new friend!
Any tips for success with finding new friends?
Yes! 4 tips:
- Complete your profile. It’s not a dating site, so posting a nice picture isn’t enough to cut it. Introduce yourself on your profile. Give other members an idea of what types of friends you are looking for.
---> Don’t be one of those people who says, “Ask me to find out” in their “About Me” section. Boring!
2. Be patient. If the right friend isn’t signed up yet in your area, wait and check again later. New members are signing up every day, so don’t give up!
3. Be proactive. Search for friends using the browse and search tools. Send messages and introduce yourself. It’s the fastest way to start making new
friends – much faster than waiting for someone cool to approach you!
4. Be Safe. Please follow our safety guidelines and use common sense when meeting new people.
What happens after I make a new friend on FriendMatch?
Enjoy the friendship!
If you want to make another new friend, or add to your squad, come back to FriendMatch to meet more people.
Unlike a dating site, there is nothing wrong with going back to FriendMatch once you’ve made your first successful match!
If I don't like the experience, how can I delete my account?
Log into your account and navigate to, "view profile" from the bottom menu.
From your profile, select, "settings" and in the settings page, select, "remove account".
Why are people using FriendMatch?
We live in a fast-paced modern world. Maybe we keep so busy that we ran out of time to make new friends. Sometimes we move to a new location and need new friends in our area.
It's also fun and interesting to connect with new international friends from around the world. If you run a small farm in Vermont, U.S.A., wouldn't it be cool to compare farming methods with someone from Tuscany?
Imagine having a new friend to show you the best local spots next time you travel!
The Internet helps us to find all the things we need – groceries, dates, shopping, work – so why shouldn’t it also help us to make new friends?
What kind of people are on FriendMatch?
FriendMatch members are men and women of all ages, and teens too.
FriendMatch members are from around the world – you can make a friend in your own neighbourhood or meet a new friend from a different country.
Is it safe to meet people online?
It is up to you to make it safe!
Yes, it is now commonplace for people to meet in person after meeting online.
But remember to follow these common sense rules before meeting someone new for the first time:
- Tell someone else where you are going, who you are meeting, and when you’ll be back.
- Meet in a public place.
- Protect your real identity until you can trust your new friend.
- Don't let your new friend know where you live or work until you have built a trusting relationship.
What do I do if someone is spamming me or bugging me?
You can also block the user so they can't contact you by choosing the block button on their profile.
If a user is threatening you it is best to contact your local police or authorities as well as report it to FriendMatch.
What do I do if someone is hitting on me?
Sometimes FriendMatch is like going to a social gathering. You’re wearing your wedding ring, talking with your friends, and then some creep comes over and says, “Hey! Did it hurt? When you fell from heaven?” Or whatever pickup line. We try to make it really clear that FriendMatch is not meant for dating, but some people just don’t get it!
And you can ignore them.
Is there a FriendMatch App?
Not right now. FriendMatch is a website, but it is mobile optimized, so you can browse and enjoy FriendMatch from your phone.
The goal is to create an app in the future - please support this goal by upgrading to a "Supporting" Membership ($5), this money will help to build the app!
I really like this idea but I wish some features were different. What should I do?
FriendMatch is still a work in progress. Stay tuned anc check back soon for our upcoming crowdfunding campaign, where we will raise money to build an app and include the features that you want to see. Follow us on Facebook so you don't miss the campaign launch.